Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Product Review: 100 Percent Pure Tinted Moisturizer

After hearing so many good things about 100% Pure, and loving the idea behind this brand ( everything is made with natural ingredients and the colors come from vegetable and fruit pigments)  I decided to finally give it a shot, especially since I was running out of foundation and needed to buy a new one anyway. I decided to try out the Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer in the color White Peach.  It is described as:

“Tinted with natural fruit and vegetable pigments to give your complexion a flawless appearance while feeding your skin with nourishing white tea, acai oil, pomegranate oil and vitamins. SPF 20 protects your skin against the sun's harmful UVA (ultra violet aging) and UVB (ultra violet burning) rays while antioxidants protect your skin from other environmental hazards such as pollution, smog, smoke, exhaust, etc.”




The coverage is definitely a little sheer at first, but easily buildable, I just used two very light pumps to achieve the coverage I wanted, which still looked very natural and gave me that “my skin but better” look.  I have broken capillaries and a few dark spots and this evened out my complexion and hid the imperfections in a natural way that didn’t make it seem like I was wearing a lot of make-up, which is always a good thing! The shade White Peach is a bit darker than my skin tone but I actually really liked this because it gives me a bit of a glowy tan, which is always good in the wintertime when my yellow-based skin tone begins to resemble that of a pasty zombie :P  

I really love that this product works so well, and is made from such natural and organic ingredients ( I’ve included the ingredient list at the bottom). Because of the antioxidants and moisturizing properties of this product, my skin actually benefits from using it and still looks good at the end of the day when I take it off! Basically I don’t have to feel as guilty about wearing it all over my face on a daily basis like I would with other non-natural foundations, and it has sun protection as well. I was having a bit of a breakout on my forehead and it improved during the course of the week that I started using this, and while I can’t be certain that it got better specifically due to this product, it definitely didn’t get worse, which is what always happens when I put any type of foundation on while I’m breaking out, so this really speaks to the quality of the product.  The coverage might be too light if you suffer from acne-prone skin all over your face, but in that case you could probably use their foundation instead!

Also, here’s a pro tip about using the bottle!  For your first time using it, be sure to flip the bottle upside down and start pumping it to “activate the airless pump” to get the product to come out. I didn’t know this and spent 3 minutes pressing down on the pump with nothing coming out and getting increasingly confused and frustrated ( just picture that scene of Zoolander trying to figure out how to get files from a computer for an accurate portrayal of what this looked like :P ). The bottle doesn’t come with that “pump straw” on the inside, which is admirable and great for the environment but very confusing for functionally-challenged people like myself ( note use of the term “pump straw” above). Yet another example of why it is always important to read directions first!

Verdict: 

 I think this is a great option for an everyday foundation – it does the job yet looks natural at the same time. You get 1.7 fl ounces / 50 ml of product in the bottle for $35, which is a great price considering the amazing ingredients and the fact that a little goes a long way.

Overall I really love this tinted moisturizer and can't wait to try more products from 100 % Pure, especially their fruit pigmented Mascara!

Ingredients:

Pigments of Peach, Apricot, Carrot, Pomegranate, Cocoa Bean, Goji Berry and Tomato, White Tea, Cucumber Juice, Aloe Juice, Acai Oil and Pomegranate Oil, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Rice Starch, Candelilla Wax, Extracts of Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, Grapefruit Seed, Japanese Honeysuckle, Goldenseal and Cinnamon SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide and 10% Zinc Oxide




FTC: Not sponsored, and purchased with my own money

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing a review on this product! I've been looking for a good review for forever! 100% Pure's skincare line disappointed me, but I am so interested in their makeup.

    http://amber-allnaturallybeautiful.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for your comment, Amber! :) It's too bad their skincare didn't work out for you - I haven't tried any of it yet, but I do know that this tinted moisturizer definitely works and if you give it a try, let me know! :D

      Delete